Sunday, November 7, 2010

BEST Rocky Road Recipe EVER

On Saturday Night we had a fantastic Stake Relief Society Activity . I came back with heaps of fun ideas from all the workshops to get me ready for Christmas (if I only I had more time to do them all!!!) Check out some of inspiration from Nettie or some ideas from Toni.

We also had a HUGE dessert bar to nibble at through the night. YUMMO!!! My sister in Law was one o f the organisers and asked me to make some Rocky Road. I had a few people ask me for the recipe so I thought I would share it here - and as Toni suggested it now has a new name. No longer Rocky Road but The BEST Rocky Road EVER.

Ingredients:
3 blocks of Cadbury family block (1 Black Forest, 1 Crunchie and 1 Hazelnut or other nut variety)


1 pkt (100 g) vanilla flavoured mini marsh mallows
1 ½ cups of mixed fruits and nuts, chopped (I used dried apple, dried apricots, cashews and coconut) or for those who don’t like fruit, use lollies such as raspberries, snakes or other jubes (lollies are preferred to the fruit in our family).

Break chocolate into small pieces,


place into a large glass or metal bowl over simmering water. Stir continuously until the chocolate has melted.

Add mixed fruit, nuts and coconut

Add mallows and mix

Place into a lined slice tin and put into the fridge to set
Cut into small slices (if you cut them small you wont feel as bad for eating them – that’s my thought anyway!)


Now ENJOY!!!



4 comments:

make it perfect said...

OH YUM!!! I've just stolen this recipe and linked to my blog for Recipe Monday :)
Thanks heaps for sharing...seriously, I haven't been able to stop thinking about it since Saturday!!! Haha ;)

Ruth said...

Was going to ask you for this recipe. Was so delicious!! Toni beat me to it. Thanks!

. said...

My mouth is watering! Thanks for the inspiration. This weekend is defiantly "cheat" day and I am making this! Yummo!

Helen said...

Yum!! Thanks for sharing your recipe Clare. I'll definitely have to try it out. :)

Pinterest link